Warm up today is can you create a pattern using objects from around your house? Can you use two objects on repeat? Can you challenge yourself and make a repeating pattern of three objects?
Follow along to the PowerPoint for Alien Milkshake, to do this you need to open the document and play it from the start) Can you then match the Alien pictures (you don't need to print them, just point)
Can you draw your on capacity game to play? Draw 6 glasses and colour them with different amounts. Give them to someone in you house and see if they know how much is in it?
Today we would like you to use one of the sounds you have learnt this week to practise your handwriting. The game link below is to show you how to form correctly.
1. Can you write the grapheme (letters), remembering the pre cursive flicks
2. Can you write the grapheme in a word
3. Can you write the word in a sentence.
Your sounds have been:
Red group: ai, igh, oa, ar
Green group: ch, th, sh,
Blue group: ch, th, sh, ng
1) ai, rain, I can see the rain
2) ch, chin, My chin is on my fas (phonetically plausable)
3) th, that, That is my pupee (phonetically plausable)
This afternoon you will have a quiz on google classroom. We will post this at lunchtime.
It is best for the children's progress if we get their understanding (especially if this is muddled), this to to inform our planning for the new phase of the topic.