Over yesterday and today we are writing a letter to someone important telling them about:
- the problem with ocean pollution
- a suggestion (or two) of what we could do to help
The aim is for the children to be:
- independently using their phonic knowledge
- listening carefully to the word they want to write so not to miss out sounds
- writing with a gap (finger space) between the words
- forming letters in cursive font.
We expect that the children will write a coupe of sentences.
The children can choose who to write it to: this week their ideas have included, Mr Compton, Santa, Boris Johnson, Micky Mouse, The Queen.
We are going to be having a bit focus on our letter formation. Can you follow along with the letters of the alphabet. Which ones did you do fist time? Which will you need to practise more.
Use your whiteboard and your pen. Use some sand and your finger. Use a paintbrush and some water on the outside of your house or the patio. Use some shower gel in your shower tray! there are so much fun ways to mark make it doesn't need to be a boring old piece of paper.